Time Management Resources
- SMU Student ID Card
- SAS and R Download Process
- SAS: You will create a SAS OnDemand account where you will be able to access SAS throughout the program. Once enrolled in classes, your instructor will provide access to the direct link to access all relevant course materials in SAS. For more information about SAS OnDemand, please see this User’s Guide.
- R: To download RStudio, follow the information listed on the RStudio website. For other RStudio packages such as ggplot, knitr and rmarkdown, visit the RStudio Products page
- Lynda.com As a student with SMU you have free access to Lynda.com. This site offers thousands of video courses and tutorials on various different topics that you may find helpful during your time in the DataScience program. To log into lynda.com:
- Go to lynda.com and select “Sign In” in the upper right corner
- Select “Sign in with your organization portal” that is below the “Continue” button.
- Enter “smu.edu” in the next box and hit “Continue”.
- From there you should be able to sign in with your SMU credentials.
Career Services Resources
- Resume and cover letter reviews
- Interview strategy and preparation coaching
- Live and recorded career webinars
- Networking strategy planning
- Employer opportunities and more!
- Log into your 2DS account and select the “My Courses” tab to access the hub.
- Email Career Services or call 1-817-554-6626 to schedule an appointment.
- Submit a completed application.
- Meet with the student ambassador coordinators.
- Complete student ambassador training.
Applying for Graduation
|May 2019||Friday, January 25|
|August 2019||Thursday, June 6|