How to Apply
Step 1: See if You Meet the Eligibility Criteria
All SMU Data Science Boot Camp graduates in good standing are eligible to be considered for Credit for Prior Learning (CPL) for one or both of the following courses:
- MSDS 6306: Doing Data Science
- MSDS 7374: Business Analytics
CPL is assessed and evaluated in five main categories. You must pass each category (described below) in order to be eligible to receive CPL:
- Homework: Students must achieve a B+ average (≥ 3.7) or better over all the indicated homework assignments* completed in the boot camp.
- Projects: Students must achieve a B+ average (≥ 3.7) or better over all the projects completed in the boot camp.
- Capstone: Student work will be assessed by review of the capstone/final project.
- Attendance: Students must demonstrate at least 90 percent attendance in the boot camp classes indicated for DS 6306 and/or DS 7374, as well as 90 percent attendance overall during the boot camp.
- Instructor Recommendation: The student’s boot camp instructor must validate the student’s performance and provide a recommendation.
*Selected homework assignments will be noted in the portfolio template and cover material needed to meet the required MSDS course-level outcomes.